January 13, 2013

Nn is for Newspaper


This activity made me giggle a little, because the kids looked at me with such concern - "We're writing on the newspaper?!"  So cute!
 
I dashed Nn on a piece of newspaper for each child to trace with a marker.  Then I asked them to choose a different color marker, and find and circle some additional Nn's.
 
This was a great activity, because there were so many words and letters to look at on each sheet of newspaper.  We live in such a print-rich world, so anytime your child is exposed to letters, numbers and words, they get the benefit of becoming more familiar with their alphabet and numbers.
 
The children also showed me the sign for Nn, sounded out /n/, and gave me an Nn word.  During Circle, we practices skywriting upper and lowercase Nn.
 
Want more Nn ideas?  Check these out!
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love reading your thoughts and suggestions!