October 19, 2012

Frankenstein Candy Wraps

Since we played our Fishies for Frankenstein game on Wednesday, and I had been scouring Pinterest for ideas (that site is addicting, right?!), I decided to give the kids a special treat to celebrate Fall Break.  I didn't find quite what I was looking for online, but when I was in the Halloween aisle at the grocery store, it hit me - Frankenstein Candy Wraps!
 
These are super easy, and pretty quick to whip up.  Here are the supplies you'll need:
 
  • Scotch tape
  • Glue (I used Elmer's clear gel) or glue dots
  • Black Sharpie
  • Small googly eyes
  • Purple (or black) construction paper
  • Green Post-Its, 3x5 size (copy or construction paper would also work)
  • Scissors
  • Fun-size candy bars (I used Kit Kats)
 
First, tape the ends of the candy bar wrapper down.  Place your candy bar on the green Post-It, and wrap around, so that the end of the Post-It lies on the back of the candy bar.  Even though the Post-Its have a sticky component, I still taped mine, since they don't seem to stick very well when you curl or wrap them.


Next, cut a strip of purple construction paper about 1"x4".  Cut uneven triangles across one long side (this is the hair).  Place Frankenstein's hair over the top of the green wrap, and tape in place on the backside.
 
Now you'll add the facial features with your Sharpie.  Be creative and make your Frankensteins as cute or scary as you'd like!  I didn't want to scare my pre-k kiddos, so I made mine cute and friendly.  :) 
 
Glue on the googly eyes, and make sure to add a scar toward the top, and over the left eye.  Give him a nose and a stitched (or unstitched) mouth.  For girls, you could even add a little bow with pink or red construction paper (or ribbon) and maybe even eyelashes!

 
Now your sweet treat Frankensteins are ready to be gifted!  My kids gave each of their teachers one with a little note saying "Happy Fall Break!".  Let your kiddo help you make a batch for friends, a party or even a random act of kindness.  :) 
 
Happy Fall!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love reading your thoughts and suggestions!